It’s that time of the year! As the air grows chilled, its time to pile on the layers to stay warm, and bust out your favorite jackets and the sidewalk’s your runway. The Revival Outpost has compiled some of the hottest jacket trends of fall this year, so you are always looking hip and fresh, and never bored with your layering!
1. While leather jackets are an american classic, this season is all about the extra bells and whistles and the best jackets have been amped up style wise. Look for jackets with studs, embellishments or textures like the jacket above.
2.The hot peplum jacket silhouette of spring transfers brilliantly to autumn, with a unique structure for your jacket that’s edgy and retro. Instead of the pastel hues formerly popular, go with a bright jewel blue or purple for fall.
3. Androgyny is the prodigal darling of fashion. A beautiful woman in menswear is a look that always catches attention (think Annie Hall or Grace Jones) and coveys confidence and power. Look for Blazers in men’s cuts, pinstripes and piping will make sure your feminine figure isn’t forgotten.
4. Fake fur coats are more fun with animal prints. The look is nostalgic , but leopard or cheetah prints make it youthful, and funky. Pair with black jeans and combat boots for a rock star look.
5. Sequins are amazing. Literally anything they are on is awesome, and New Orleans is a lovely place where you can where them anytime, anywhere. However, to differentiate your sequin coat from a mardi gras costume, look for a jacket like the one above that plays with patterns as well as sequins.
6. Geometric prints are all over the stores and runways this fall, but to take a more hip approach, get these prints in polka dots for a more mod 70s looks than 80s loud. Especially non-black/white polka dots, look for dots in green, yellow, or blue. For a low-key look, pair with some vintage black jeans, or go loud with thrifty 70s plaid pants.